Call Us: (207) 213.4815

10 Nutritional YES’s – GEvolution Style

20
Apr

10 Nutritional YES’s – GEvolution Style

Through the years within the fitness/coaching industry as both a client & trainer, coach & athlete, there were many “DIET FADS” I either experienced or heard about though peers experimenting.  To continue to help you break through some of these myths of these fads, I wanted to pass along some short, simple & direct information to you that you can utilize throughout your healthy lifestyle!

I have chosen to focus on 10 nutritional guidelines that must be queued in to aid the loss of fat lose, encourage  lean muscle tissue building and improve your overall health which in turn will perpetuate additional healthy lifestyle and nutritional choices.

The 90/10 Idea. Follow these guidelines 90% of the time & “treat yourself” the other 10%. – We never want to create an environment of potential failure. We want our nutritional lifestyle to be feasible and attainable, so adopting the “you can never have that again” option is not an option at all. Deprivation is not the answer to a healthy eating process. Choose a meal on a given day that will be your splurge meal. Go ahead have some pancakes, a slice of cake, wings with bleu cheese – because tomorrow you are right back into your 90% nutritional behavior!

Eat breakfast every day & eat at least ever 3-4 hours throughout the day – Breakfast along with small, frequent meals throughout the day raise your metabolism & keep your blood sugar levels stable throughout the day. This helps avoiding cravings & instead helps with satiety over the course of the day.

Consume some type of protein with every meal – Protein aids in muscle building & in turn when we create the addition of lean muscle tissue on to the body, we will essentially burn more calories, even while we are in resting states.  Choose eggs (even with the yolk!), nuts, cheese, yogurt (Greek yogurt is packed full with protein, w/ less sugar than other yogurts), lean meats, & protein shakes. HeavyAthleticsNutrition.com  – Check them out for pure, effective, tasty protein blends.

Choose a fruit or vegetable & add to meals & snacks – Vegetables and fruits are part of the carbohydrate family of preferred foods that you want to make part of your daily nutritional intake. Vegetables and fruits are low-carb, low-calorie and full of nutrients to keep you satisfied and on track with your macronutrient intake.

Enjoy healthy oils & fats! – FAT DOES NOT MAKE YOU FAT!!! In fact your body needs fat as energy to rid your body of unwanted fat tissue. Introduce olive oil, coconut oil, flaxseed oil, raw nuts and seeds, avocados and omega 3 fish oils to your dietary intake.

Substitute processed foods containing carbohydrates for whole grain foods containing carbohydrates –  This means eliminating “white”, “refined”, “processed” foods and replacing with choices such as whole grain corn, popcorn, whole oats, brown rice, whole rye, whole grain barley, wild rice, buckwheat, cracked wheat, millet, quinoa and 100% whole wheat flour to you dietary intake. Reap the benefits of added micronutrients and soluble fibers

PS: Try EZEKIEL BREAD – 100% Sprouted Grains (added protein too )

SUGAR INFUSED BEVERAGES ARE A NO! NO! Get away from soda, even sucralose, aspartame infused diet soda, fruit juices or sports drinks, etc.

WATER. WATER. WATER.  In my experience based on earlier readings a beneficial target to reach for in daily water consumption is 1/2 your body weight in fluid ounces. Hypothetically speaking, If an individual weighed 200lbs, consuming 100oz of water per day would be an efficient amount of consumption. FYI: 1Gallon of Water = 128 fluid ounces. Drinking water will aid in body fat reduction and help facilitate the body’s normal everyday functions.

Choose a multi-vitamin & Fish Oil to supplement your daily dietary intake – Vitamins can help make sure you are getting your necessary micronutrient intake to help support everyday body functions. Fish Oils can aid in joint care and in the prevention of many diseases.

TRACK YOUR FOOD INTAKE – Keep yourself accountable. When you cannot tangibly look at what you have ingested through the course of a day, it is very easy for your justification system to take over and make just about anything you choose “OKAY” to eat. Ex/”well I raked the leaves…so I can have this cupcake.” Eat it, Write It. Own it.

Nutritional Accountability = Nutritional Understanding = Nutritional Control.

OH!! And just one more thing:

STAY OFF YOUR SCALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO NEED TO WEIGH YOURSELF EVERYDAY!!!!!

Leave a Reply